- Of course, as Christians it would be wrong for us to make it illegal for our own people to refer to God as ‘Allah’. We are not that kind of religion. And we are not a political force. But that should have happened out of our own collective free will. It did not, because too many were interested in taking a pluralistic approach to God. That was a mistake.
- We could learn from the celebrating Muslims and be ready to state that we would defend the name of the Living God, our Lord to our last drop of blood.
- We need to stop seeing ‘God’ and ‘Allah’ as synonymous. Others do not and in that we should agree.
- God’s name to us must be sacred and we should object to those using it in vain much more than we do.
- Not only are Muslims possibly confused when Christians use the word ‘Allah’ but I believe we are slowly confusing our current and future generations of Christians when we say it is okay for us to use the word ‘Allah’ for our God.
- Perhaps we would all live in greater peace if we kept to our God and let the Muslims stick to their ‘Allah’ and thus allay the fear of many Islamic politicians who worry about problems of racial and religious differences causing trouble.
- I am not sure we should do it in the name of national unity as Abdullah Zaik calls for, but Christians should set aside the use of the name of Allah as God because it should be us that does not want to erroneously represent the two religions as equal, not them. They are anything but.
- As Christians we should not be trying to cause the chaos they accuse us of by stealing their nomenclature for their deity.
- And Christians do indeed need to be reminded that not only may they not be legitimate citizens of Malaysia, but we need to realize that ultimately our citizenship is in heaven, not on earth.
- Finally, let us be thankful that most of us live in countries where such an “editorial decision” on the publishing of the Koran would never take place. I pray that this remains the case.
Sign up (on the right) to receive free updates. We bring you relevant information from all sorts of sources. Subscribe for free to this blog or follow us by clicking on the appropriate link in the right side bar. And please share this blog with your friends and while you’re here, why not check out some more of our recent blogs shown in the right hand column.
Also, I’ve read some good books and make some great recommendations for you at http://astore.amazon.com/accorconsu-20 which you can purchase right from there.
Check our firm out at Accord Consulting.
Finally, if you like what you read here, you may want to donate to my favourite charity, SCA International, by clicking on the logo below. Ken.