Saturday, January 08, 2011

OK, Religion & State Not a Good Mix, But What About Religion, Business, & Aromas

Surely there must be better things to follow the courts on, but this one is shaping up as a very interesting case as written by Alex Scapens in the Manchester Evening News the other day.

I'm blogging on it because I think it's an excellent example of how one individual's rights can interfere with the individual rights of another. And when the issue the case stems from is religious in nature, the plot thickens for the courts. It thickens almost to a solid when that religion is Islam.

Take a look and see for yourself. Then leave a comment. The only thing I can say is that if, for example, someone next door were legally playing music as loud as they could while I was having my personal bible study, prayer time, or devotions, I would do one of two things: move the time of my devotions to when they weren't playing or go somewhere else to have them. (Perhaps sell my place and move out.) I would not ask them to stop playing music in a way and time that was within their rights.

In this current case, perhaps if I were the complaining neighbor, I would tell my Muslim friends about the situation, and suggest that if that were a problem, we could meet at an Islamic Starbucks -- where the menu is porkless. Here's the story for your review.

Cafe bosses in ‘bacon smell’ row to fight ban - Manchester Evening News

Thanks for dropping by. Please become a regular . . .

Ken B. Godevenos, Church & Mgmt. Consultant, bringing you relevant information from all sorts of sources. Subscribe free to Epistoli or follow us by clicking on the appropriate link in the right side bar. An don’t forget to “share” this blog with your friends by clicking the “Share” link on your Navigation Bar.

It would be great if you would share your thoughts or questions on this blog in the comments section below or on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.