Friday, September 16, 2011

There are Religious Fanatics, then there's just Fanatics. And some of them are even Greeks.

I must admit that I was surprised when I found these pictures and then read the secondary article from the Associated Press. This is a repeat performance for this man. He accomplished nothing last time and did even less this time as his credibility had been all but gone first time around.

The only possible way to even think positively about this is to think the man is so desperate financially that he keeps setting himself on fire in protest. (In my recent visit to Greece -- including some very small villages in the countryside, I found no such people; though I'm sure there must be some.)  On the other hand, if this man were sane, he'd only do this once and see it gets him nowhere.

We can only assume that he is not "all present" where he should be and thus he keeps trying this. Now I know where the term many of my friends apply to me sometimes may come from. You know the one. "He's just another crazy Greek!"

Incredible Photos Show A Greek Man Setting Himself Alight Over Debt

Thanks for dropping by. Sign up to receive free updates. We bring you relevant information from all sorts of sources. Subscribe for free to this blog or follow us by clicking on the appropriate link in the right side bar. And please share this blog with your friends. Ken Godevenos, Church and Management Consultant, Accord Consulting.

It would be great if you would share your thoughts or questions on this blog in the comments section below or on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.