Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Tories on Muslim prayer in schools: it’s not for politicians to decide. Really?

This is most interesting and it's taking place right here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada where equality only applies depending on your issue and your worldview.  Take a look at this.

Very disappointed in the Provincial Tories. This is a cop-out and they're very close to losing my vote and those of anyone I can influence. First of all, the distinction between "religion and religious accommodation" is a red herring. Try that argument on for size if Christians started arguing that any teaching their children get must be in a room where a cross is clearly displayed. Or how about the Star of David needs to be displayed in any classroom that has Jewish students in it. How about the fact that that my personal faith does not believe in alternative lifestyles, or in evolution. Please have all teachers refrain from that kind of teaching to accommodate me. Get my point? Their stance is ridiculous and ludicrous. How about my faith requires that my children be taught the Bible or the Torah -- please accommodate me and them. Conservatives in Ontario, you will pay dearly for this and so will all Toronto trustees that have supported this decision.

On a separate note, who is paying for the extra work that is done for clean-up and setting up before and after each prayer session? I'm sure you'll tell me the parents of the children praying.

What I can't understand is why everyone can tell other faiths where to go with such fervor but they wilt under the requests of this faith? Wait I know, Jesus already gave us the answer in the Gospel of John, chapter 15, verses 18 and 19 when He said to us, "If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

Tories on Muslim prayer in schools: it’s not for politicians to decide - The Globe and Mail



Thanks for dropping by.  Sign up to receive free updates.  We bring you relevant information from all sorts of sources.  Subscribe for free to this blog or follow us by clicking on the appropriate link in the right side bar.  And please share this blog with your friends.   Ken Godevenos, Church and Management Consultant, Accord Consulting.

It would be great if you would share your thoughts or questions on this blog in the comments section below or on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.