Monday, April 04, 2011

Sarah Palin -- Indirectly -- on Psalms 97:6

Sarah Palin

I like Sarah Palin very much even though I do not believe she has a chance any longer of becoming President of the United States.  But I've been wrong before.  Still she has made a major impact on the American political scene and my wife had bought her book, Going Rogue, so I picked it up recently and started reading it.  Yesterday, in my blog on Universalism I drew some of my reader's attention to Psalms 97:6 which says, "the heavens declare His righteousness and all the people see His glory."  Today, I found this in Palin's book, p. 22:
"Looking around at the incredible creation that is Alaska -- the majestic peaks and midnight sun, the wild waters and teeming wildlife -- I could practically see and hear and feel god's spirit reflected in everything in nature.  I reasoned that if God knw what He was doing in this magnificent creation, how much more did he know about me?  If He is powerful and wise enough to make all this and thought also to create a speck like me, thee surely must be a plan, and He'd know more than I did about my future and my purpose.  I made the conscious decision that summer to put my life in my Creator's hands and trust Him as I sought my life's path."
I believe that what Sarah Palin captured in this quote may very well have been what God intended in this verse.  It's a physical and spiritual breath-taking experience when one realizes that the God of the Universe also cares about us individually.

 
Thanks for dropping by.  Sign up to receive free updates.  We bring you relevant information from all sorts of sources.  Subscribe for free to this blog or follow us by clicking on the appropriate link in the right side bar.  And please share this blog with your friends.   Ken Godevenos, Church and Management Consultant, Accord Consulting.

It would be great if you would share your thoughts or questions on this blog in the comments section below or on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.