Tuesday, February 01, 2011

BREAKING NEWS NOW: What Mubarak Had To Say . . . minutes ago

Protests have gone much beyond the peaceful kind.   He listed all the violations.  Agrees we are living in difficult days.  Anxiety of the future has overtaken many Egyptians.  The army must deal with the people very wisely.

He has started dialogues with all political forces and will respond to the need of the young people and their legitimate demands and restoration of stability.   But they have rejected the invitation to dialogue, holding on to their private agendas.

So he is speaking directly to all Egyptians now, everywhere.  People know how I came to power and what I have given as a leader, as a man of the army.  It is not in my nature to give up responsibility.  My first responsibility is now to restore stability and achieve a good transition of power to whomever the people elect in the next elections.  I do not have any intention on standing for the next elections -- I never intended to.  I want to conclude my work for Egypt by presenting Egypt to the next government in a constitutional way in the next few months.   I will work hard to do so as best as possible.

The constitutional items 77 and 76 should be changed to allow for specific periods of power for the presidency.  And the parliament must be able to discuss these changes.  I ask them to commit to speed up the elections.   I will pursue the transfer of power in a way that will bring about reforms.

I want to ask the police to carry out their role of protecting the people and respecting their rights and dignity.   Also want the authorities to pursue those that are corrupt and have been responsible for looting and distraction of Egyptian property.  I promise this.  I ask God to help me to do my job in a way that satisfies Him and my people.   Egypt will come out stronger than before -- more confident, united, and stable.

I am proud of Egypt and my service.  I lived in it and fought for it and will die in it.  History will judge me when I die.  Egypt will remain and its flag will always be high.  Let us achieve this with honor and dignity.  Peace and God's blessings be upon you.  
 
-- Thanks for dropping by.   Sign up to receive updates.  --  Ken B. Godevenos, Church & Mgmt. Consultant, bringing you relevant information from all sorts of sources.  Subscribe free to Epistoli or follow us by clicking on the appropriate link in the right side bar.  And don’t forget to “share” this blog with your friends by clicking the “Share” link on your Navigation Bar.

It would be great if you would share your thoughts or questions on this blog in the comments section below or on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.